Creamy, punchy and tangy Sun Dried Tomato & Cannellini Bean Salad – make in 15 minutes or less with minimal prep! Serve as a simple side, as a snack or starter with bread or crackers or enjoy as a light lunch or dinner. Gluten Free + Vegetarian + Vegan Option
May I please introduce to you the most fancy-ass salad you have ever seen which just so happens to also be the easiest salad you can ever make? Okay maybe it’s not actually the ~fanciest~. I’ll admit that my bar for what qualifies as fancy miiiight be a bit low. What can I say? I’m a simple girl with simple tastes.
HOWEVER I’ll stand by the statement that this is probably the easiest salad you can make and I’ll even go so far as to say it’s one of my favourites. Picture me as Julie Andrews singing about all of my favourite things….except all my favourite things are food and they’re mixed together in this Sun Dried Tomato Cannellini Bean Salad.
How to Make: Sun Dried Tomato Cannellini Bean Salad
Altogether this salad take about 10 minutes to throw together. It all comes down to the prep work which is pretty minimal here. It’s really just a matter of chopping up a few ingredients and draining/rinsing your beans.
As a side note – speaking of beans save your aquafaba! Aquafaba (literally meaning bean water) – the weird, starchy water found in cans of beans. It makes for a really fantastic egg substitute that can be used in a number of different ways. You can make bread, brownies, and even meringue! I’ve actually got a few recipes coming up using aquafaba as my main star ingredient that you might be interested in (think chocolate mousse, pie and pavlova!).
Back to the salad…
A note about the cheese: you can absolutely make this salad without or without the feta. I’ve personally been on a bit of a feta kick lately so I went ahead and tossed some in there. That being said this salad really does have enough flavour going on already that you can leave it out without missing any crucial flavours. Alternatively you can also opt to use a dairy free feta if you’d like! Store bought is fine if you’ve got a favourite. I’m personally a huge fan of this homemade feta from The First Mess. Whenever I’m in need a dairy free, plant based feta I make this and it really hits the spot.
There’s nothing too tricky here – just throw everything in a bowl and toss to combine. If you really want to enhance the flavour then I recommend covering and chilling this prepped salad in the fridge for at least 30 minutes just to let the flavours all get to know each other.
It’s perfect if you need a quick and easy make-ahead-salad to bring along to potlucks and BBQ’s!
Hope you enjoy!
More Delicious Cannellini Bean Recipes You Might Enjoy
- Creamy Cannellini and Kale Stir Fry with Toasted Bread & Pine Nuts
- Zucchini and Cannellini Tomato Stew
- Mediterranean Bean & Rice Salad
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Sun Dried Tomato Cannellini Bean Salad. I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 2 cans | 15 ounces cannellini bean, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated garlic
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 1/4 cup pinenuts
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, loosely packed and slices
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil from jar of sun dried tomatoes
- 2 oz feta, crumbled (optional) use vegan feta if you like
- Combine everything to a large salad or mixing bowl and toss well to combine. Toss for at least a minute or two to make sure that everything is mixed well. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper and vinegar as needed.
- Serve as is, over a bed of greens, in wraps, on bread/crackers.
For best flavour cover and let this salad marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes to soak in all the flavours.