Eight ingredient Spinach and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with sun dried tomato and cannellini beans sautéed in garlic | Gluten Free + Vegetarian
First things first:
How the hell are we already on this side of Halloween??
This year has been zooming by and it’s kind of freaking me out. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and Christmas is on its way. Pretty soon we’re all going to have to start enduring all the see you next year! ‘jokes’ from people who somehow never stopped finding it funny year after year. Word to the wise – don’t.
With the holidays coming up in all it’s chocolatey, sugary goodness I’ve been trying to focus more on eating more plant based, good-for-you foods. That’s where these these Spinach and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes come in.
✔️Made from simple, wholesome ingredients
✔️Minimal prep needed
✔️BIG on flavour
Let’s get to it!
How To Make: Spinach and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Start out by roasting your sweet potatoes. The total time needed here may vary slightly based on the size of your potatoes, but it should only take about 45 minutes. Prick a few holes all around with a fork to allow steam to escape as they cook. Once they’re fork tender take them out and slice open the middles until they’re ready to stuff.
The filling is simple to make and made up of only seven ingredients. Start out by sautéing the garlic on a little bit of olive oil. Cook a minute or two until fragrant then add in the spinach and lemon juice. Cook until the spinach is reduced down and then stir in the sun dried tomatoes, beans and feta.
At this point it’s just a matter of adding the filling and serving. Top with a little more feta for good measure and enjoy!
Altogether these Spinach and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes can be made and ready in about an hour – most of that time is hands off.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Spinach and Feta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! We love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to our facebook page!
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 15 ounce cannelini beans or chickpeas
- 4 ounces crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 400°F/205. Use a fork to poke holes around the sweet potatoes to allow steam to escape as they cook.
- Once fully heated, place the sweet potatoes in the oven on a large baking sheet. Let cook about 45 minutes to an hour (depends on how big the sweet potatoes are) or until tender to the touch.
- While the potatoes cook prep your filling: Warm the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook for a 1-2 minutes on a medium-low until golden and fragrant, stirring the whole time to keep from burning.
- Add the spinach and lemon juice to the pan. Cook uncovered, about 2-3 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Stir in the sun dried tomatoes, beans and feta and stir. Cook a few minutes to heat through then set aside away from the heat until the sweet potato finish cooking.
- After removing the potatoes from the oven slice an opening down the lengthwise. Spoon the filling into the potatoes, top with more feta if desired and serve.