Low carb & paleo friendly Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice – make it in 20 minutes or less for a healthy & filling side dish! Gluten Free + Whole30 + Vegan
Where do you sit on the whole cauliflower rice thing? Are you pro or against?
I’ve come to learn that people on the internet have very strong opinions when it comes to vegetables imitating grains. Like….aggressively so. And I get it! I really do! Sometimes you just need a bowl of carb-y, delicious pasta or rice to get you through the day.
I’m not going to say that zoodles have no detectable differences from actual spaghetti and cauliflower rice is the exact same as rice. But really – you’re missing out on a whole lot of delicious tasting foods if you’re not on board!
Foods that are
And if that isn’t enough to convince you that’s cool – more lasagna spirals for me!
How to Make: Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
This recipe is pretty simple requiring just 10 ingredients.
You start off with a full head of cauliflower which you’ll need to make into a more rice-like texture. You can do this a couple different ways:
1. Cut the head into florets and then pulse in a blender or food processor a couple of seconds at a time. If you do this in a blender you may need to work in batches.
2. If you don’t own a blender/food processor you can use a box grater and grate the cauliflower using the large holes normally used to grate cheese.
From this point on it’s an easy process – just sauté your onion, garlic and jalapeño until soft. Stir in the cauliflower and then mix in some vegetable stock for added flavour along with the cilantro & lime. Im getting hungry again just thinking about it!
The whole thing takes 20 minutes at most to make and makes for a perfect side dish!
Whatever way you have it – I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page – those are always fun to see!
Low carb & paleo friendly Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice - make it in 20 minutes or less for a healthy & filling side dish! Gluten Free + Whole30 + Vegan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 large clove garlic (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 green jalapeño deseeded & chopped (optional)
- 3 cups riced cauliflower (about 1 medium head)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or as needed)
- zest from 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot add the onions and sauté for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat or until they become soft and translucent.
Add the garlic jalapeño and cook for a minute until the garlic becomes fragrant. Stir the whole time.
Add the cauliflower to the skillet. Stir to mix everything together well.
Stir in the vegetable stock, cilantro salt and zest. Turn the heat up to high and cook for another minute. The high heat will draw out excess moisture in the cauliflower so it doesn't get too mushy. Lower the heat again and add the lime juice. Mix in to the rice well.
Taste and season with more salt as needed. Serve warm and enjoy!
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-4 days.
Calories: 47 Fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 6 g Sugar: 3g Fiber: 2g Protein: 1g
Latest posts by Sarah (see all)
- Paleo Cranberry Orange Dutch Baby - November 17, 2017
- Gluten Free Vegan Gingerbread Scones - November 15, 2017
- Roasted Butternut Squash Slices with Walnuts & Parsley Pesto - November 13, 2017