Five minute, thick and creamy Avocado Cilantro Lime Dressing – this fresh, zesty sauce is easy to make while also packing in a punch! Use as a healthy dressing to top off salads, dipping veggies or serve over meats like chicken and shrimp! | Whole30 + Vegan + Low Carb
This Cilantro Lime Dressing is the kind of do-it-all magic sauce you need in your life. Use it as a dressing, sauce, dip – you name it!
Let’s get to it!
How to Make this Cilantro Lime Dressing
There’s really not much to this – simply throw all of the ingredients to a blender or small food processor and blitz until you end up with a thick, creamy mixture.
A couple things to keep in mind when making this:
- You can use both the cilantro leaves and stems to make this. Cilantro stems are soft enough that they usually blend up easily. If you have loads a thick, long stems tear some of them away but you can save yourself that extra step if you’d like.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to thin out the dressing if needed.
How do I serve it?
You can use this as a sauce or dressing. Serve over grilled meats, shrimp, fajitas, tacos or drizzle atop salads. It also makes for a great veggie dip!
How long does it keep?
Keeps for about a week in the fridge in an airtight container, after this point it will start to lose flavour.
Can I freeze it?
Yes! Since this is a dairy free sauce it lends itself well to freezing/thawing. It keeps about a month in the freezer. Once thawed use within a few days
Enjoy this cilantro lime dressing served with:
Other Sauces & Dips You Might Enjoy
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you make this Cilantro Lime Dressing! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro | about 2 cups packed - stems and all*
- 2 large cloves |1 heaping tablespoon garlic
- 3 tablespoons | 45 ml lime juice
- 6 tablespoons | 90 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 avocado
- 1-2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and season with more salt and lime juice as you see fit.
*Make sure to wash and dry your cilantro well before using.
Keep store in the fridge for up to a week
Serving Size:2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122 Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g