Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with bacon on shallots – easy to make and prepped all on one pan for an even easier clean up! Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Carb
Fact: Brussels sprouts are amazing and delicious and I’ll fight anyone who tries to tell me otherwise.
Don’t get me wrong – they can be bad. Get outta here with your soggy, boiled and steamed sprouts and make room for these crispy, tender and caramelised roasted Brussels sprouts…with bacon of course for good measure!
Tips for making perfectly crispy roasted Brussels sprouts every time:
- If you wash your sprouts just before chopping make sure that you dry them as much as possible. Excess water will lead to steam which will make it nearly impossible to get crispy.
- Make sure your oven is properly heated up before hand. An extra hot oven is necessary for the outer layer of crispy goodness.
- Roast the sprouts cut side down. The more surface area touching the hot pan, the better.
Don’t be afraid to play around with your favourite herbs and spices! Add a squeeze of lemon juice, drizzle a little balsamic vinegar or splash some sriracha over the top – whatever you like.
Other veggies sides you might enjoy:
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
- Roasted Butternut Squash with walnuts & parsley pesto
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Mustard & Hazelnuts
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Easy Roasted Root Vegetables
- Honey Roast Parsnips
FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try making these Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon! I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with bacon on shallots - easy to make and prepped all on one pan for an even easier clean up! Gluten Free + Paleo + Low Carb
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, hard ends trimmed off and cut in half
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped
- 5 slices uncooked bacon, chopped (use thin bacon slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper, each
- Preheat oven to 425°F/218°C. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Add the chopped sprouts, shallots, and bacon to the baking sheet. Spread across the pan and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss everything around coating it all in oil and then spread evenly across the pan. For maximum crispiness - face all the Brussels sprouts cut side down against the pan.
- Roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Take out the pan, give it a quick stir and then place back in the oven to roast another 10-15 minutes to your desired crispiness.
- Take the sprouts out of the oven, season with a little more salt and pepper if needed and serve hot.
How long will this keep?
This is best served warm but leftovers will keep about 3-4 days sealed in an airtight container in the fridge. You can warm them up on the stove top by adding a little more olive oil and sauteeing or roast in the oven about 10 minutes to heat through.
What to do with leftovers?
I like to reheat leftovers for breakfast and serve with eggs, on pizzas, in salads or stir frys.
Leave a Review!