Balsamic Strawberry Pasta Salad with chopped walnuts, crumbled feta and salad greens – made in 20 minutes or less with 10 ingredients! Gluten Free + Vegetarian + Low FODMAP
Strawberry season is finally rolling in again here in the UK and I for one am PUMPED. Despite the brisk winds and persistent grey skies outside I can’t help but feel just a teensy bit summery when biting into a thick, juicy red berry.
In between leftover servings of this Balsamic Strawberry Pasta I’ve also been sipping on creamy strawberry shakes and planning out recipes involving shortcakes, angel food, and frozen yogurts…..can you tell I’m just a little bit obsessed?
As mentioned above this recipe is incredibly easy to make. You only need 10 basic ingredients (including things like salt, pepper & oil – those barely even count) and less than 20 minutes to prepare. All it takes is the time it takes to boil your pasta plus a little extra time to throw it all togetherDespite being such a low effort pasta it really packs in the flavour.
How to Make: Balsamic Strawberry Pasta Salad
While your pasta is boiling get started on prepping the rest of salad. In a small mixing bowl combine:
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- maple syrup
- hulled & sliced berries
Simply whisk it all together and then gently toss in your berries. It may seem a little strange if you’ve never tried it this way before but the balsamic + black pepper really do a lot to intensify the sweetness of the strawberries.
Once the pasta is finished cooking, drain and rinse under cold water to cool it all down. When you’re ready to assemble add the pasta to a large mixing bowl – make sure it’s big enough for you to be able to toss/mix your salad thoroughly. Add the salad greens, strawberry mixture, walnuts and feta and toss it all together.
If you’re looking for a salad that’s fast, simple and big on flavour this summer than this Balsamic Strawberry Pasta Salad is definitely for you!
Better yet – it’s also low FODMAP friendly & vegetarian making it a great option to bring to summer cookouts and BBQ’s. If you’re looking to make it vegan you can always ditch the cheese.
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Balsamic Strawberry Pasta Salad! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 tablespoon sea salt , for the pasta water
- 1 pound gluten free fusilli
- 1/3 cup | 80 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons | 30 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, can sub with honey but will no longer be low FODMAP
- 1/4 teaspoons salt & pepper each
- 2 cups | 250 grams strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 3 cups salad greens, arugula, spinach, lettuce, etc
- 1/2 cup | 70 grams walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup | 2 oz feta, crumbled
- Fill large pot of water 2/3 of the way full and add salt. Bring the water to a boil and then carefully add in the pasta. Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente - springy & chewy & not mushy. It should take about 10 minutes. Make sure to stir often. Gluten free pasta likes to clump so you really need to keep it moving to prevent it from sticking together.
- In a small mixing bowl add the 1/3 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add the strawberries and toss in the oil mixture. Place the bowl in the fridge until ready to use.
- When the pasta is done, drain the boiling water and rinse under cold water to cool it down and keep it from cooking. Drain well.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl and pour the oil/strawberry mixture over the top. Add the salad greens, walnuts and feta and toss well to combine and coat everything in the dressing. Add more salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar as needed.
- Serve cold or at room temperature and enjoy!
This recipe keeps well for several days in the refrigerator, covered. If you want to spruce up leftovers add some fresh greens/strawberries before re-serving.
1 serving is about 1 cup pasta
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 869mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g