This Creamy Cashew Tomato Pasta is my ultimate go-to recipe that I love serving to friends and family when they come to visit. It’s ridiculously easy to make and people are always surprised to find out that it’s vegan. Blended up cashews make the base of the ultra-creamy tomato sauce and the nutritional yeast adds a cheesy, salty flavour that you’d normally get from parmesan. | Gluten Free + Vegan
Effortless Vegan is now available in stores! I am so thrilled to finally be able to share more on what’s inside, starting with this creamy cashew tomato pasta!
This pasta is easily one of my favourite from the book because I think it really highlights what these recipes are all about: it’s fast, easy, made with few ingredients and totally delicious!
Altogether the prep & process comes down to three main steps:
- Boil the pasta.
- Blend the remaining ingredients together to make this sauce.
- Add the sauce to the cooked and drained pasta!
And that’s it: 20 minutes, 7 ingredients, 1 insanely easy & delicious vegan pasta.
Watch the video on how to make this creamy cashew tomato pasta
If you’re interested in learning more about this book and want to see what else is inside please click through to this page here. I’ve got a more extensive breakdown on what’s inside including chapters, pictures and general info.
Hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Enjoy!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you this Creamy Cashew Tomato Pasta! I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 lb gluten free vegan penne pasta (any shape pasta will do)
- 1 (15-ounce [450 g]) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (150 g) raw cashews
- 2 tbsp (8 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp (3 g) dried oregano
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Vegan Parmesan, for topping
- Fresh basil for topping, optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over a high heat. Add the penne and cook until al dente according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain the pasta water and return the penne back to the pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the tomatoes, cashews, nutritional yeast, oregano, garlic and salt to a blender and blend on high 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Stir the blended cashew sauce into the pot along with the drained penne and stir until well combined. Serve with fresh basil and topped with vegan parmesan if desired.
A quick note: this recipe works best if you use a high-speed blender like a Vitamix or a Blendtec. If you don’t own a high-speed blender, no worries! Just soak your cashews in water for about 4 hours or overnight.