5 ingredient, no churn Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream – rich, creamy & easy to make! Gluten Free + Vegan + Paleo
I scream 🎵 You scream 🎵 We all scream for……
🎵🎵Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream🎵🎵
That’s how the song goes, yeah? Well if not it should be!
This ice cream is all kinds of rich, creamy & crazy delicious! So get out your blenders, friends – we’re making ice cream!
How to Make: Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream
This recipe is incredibly easy requiring just 5 ingredients and a blender.
✔️Full Fat Coconut Milk
✔️Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
✔️Coconut Sugar (or sweetener of your choice)
Just blitz these all up in a blender until smooth. Easy!
Why Sweet Potato?
Good question! We’ve made a lot of coconut milk based ice creams over the years. While they are delicious and easy to make they’re not always as creamy as I’d like them to be. That’s why so many paleo/vegan ice creams like my Chocolate Orange Ice Cream also have nut butters or soaked cashews thrown into the mix.
The thing is I really wanted to create a nut free recipe for Mike. He’s been avoiding nuts for the past few weeks to see if the inflammation in his hands goes down and so far it looks promising. After a bit of brainstorming we came up with two options: bananas and sweet potato. Bananas can also help somewhat with ice cream, but the problem with using those is that your ice cream will then largely taste of banana. Not really my thing.
Sweet potato on the other hand turned out to be a perfect idea! It’s adds richness and creaminess while not imparting much flavour to take away from the chocolate! Bliss.
It’s also one of the few ways I can get my husband to eat sweet potato. It may be mixed in with chocolate but I’ll still take that as a small victory.
For an even more decadent chocolate ice cream experience you can also mix in a few broken brownie pieces halfway through the freezing process. I had some leftover paleo brownies hiding out in the freezer that made their way into a bowl of ice cream one night. SO good!
You can also serve these inside a homemade chocolate bowl if you want to really impress your people. Chocolate on top of chocolate inside more chocolate…..now that’s how you have a good time!
More Coconut Milk Recipes To Try
- Dairy Free Hot Fudge
- Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream – Paleo + Vegan
- Egg Free Coconut Flour Paleo Cake
- Homemade Coconut Milk Condensed Milk
- Coconut Milk Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 2 14 oz cans full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup | 84 grams unsweetened cocoa powder/cacao powder
- 3/4 cup | 150 grams coconut sugar (can sub with sweetener of your choice)
- 1/2 cup | 85 grams mashed sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add everything to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into to a medium loaf pan and cover. Transfer to the freezer and allow to freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Let thaw on the counter top at least 15-20 minutes before scooping and serving. Enjoy!
Prep time is 5 minutes but freeze time is at least 6 hours.
Let thaw on the counter top for 15-20 minutes before serving.