Fresh and flavourful Mango & Shrimp Thai Noodle Salad – bold & punchy flavours mixed together in a noodle salad with fresh herbs – easy to make and ready in under 20 minutes! Gluten Free + Dairy Free
Sweet and salty with a hit of heat – this Mango & Shrimp Thai Noodle Salad has got it all.
The ingredient list here is mostly inspired by Thai cooking: mango, chilli, lime, fish sauce, noodles etc. The flavours here are so fresh & punchy that this makes for a great, last minute dish and an equally delicious make-ahead meal after all the different flavours have a chance to mesh together and really get to know each other.
How to Make: Mango & Shrimp Thai Noodle Salad
Despite the different cooking components (poaching & boiling) this dish is easy to make and can be made easily in under 30 minutes.
To begin – start out by quickly prepping the dressing. Mix together the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, garlic and shallot in a bowl and then set aside for a minute or two while you cook the shrimp.
Cooking the shrimp is quick and easy – simply bring a large pot of salted water to a boil on the stove top. Once boiling remove from the heat and then carefully plop the peeled shrimp to the water and let cook for about 3-4 minutes until cooked through. The shrimp should be bright pink with the tails curled up when they’re ready. Drain the water away and then add the cooked shrimp to your prepared dressing. Let those flavours all hang out together for a bit.
Once you’ve prepped your rice noodles it’s just a matter of adding together the remaining fresh salad ingredients: mango, chilli, fresh herbs & peanuts. Toss everything together to mix and then pour the dressing along with the shrimp over the top. Keep tossing to mix it all together and that’s it!
Simple. Punchy. Delicious.
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Spicy Mango & Shrimp Thai Noodle Salad. I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 100 grams rice noodles, dried
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp , peeled & deveined
- 1 mango, peeled & cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped & loosely packed
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped & loosely packed
- 1 small red chili, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot, peeled & thinly sliced
- To make the dressing mix together the lime juice, sugar fish sauce and garlic together in a medium bowl. Toss the sliced shallots in the dressing to soften and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiled remove the pot from the heat and carefully add the peeled shrimp to the water. Poach until cooked through, about 3 minutes. The shrimp should be bright pink and curled up. Once cooked use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp from the water. Add the cooked shrimp to the dressing. Toss to coat; set aside.
- Prepare the noodles according to package directions (usually soak in boiled water for a couple of minutes). Drain, and place in a large salad bowl.
- Add the sliced mango, chilli, herbs and peanuts to the rice noodles and toss to combine.
- Pour the dressing with the shrimp over the salad mixture and toss again to coat everything in the dressing. Top with additional herbs & peanuts if desired and serve.