2 Ingredient Nut & Date Balls – make them in 10 minutes or less in a food processor or blender! Paleo + Vegan
Nuts + Dates
Nothing fancy. Nothing difficult. Just two ingredients, a blender, and a few minutes of rolling to get these super easy, wonderfully delicious and incredibly moreish nut & date balls!
Let’s do it!
This recipe is actually the exact same recipe that I use whenever I need a crust for a vegan cheesecake. Every single time I make it I can’t resist eating up little bits and pieces of the crust so I figured it was time to give a proper home here.
And let me tell you these are even better when rolled into little balls. As balls these are more truffle like than anything else.
Caramel-y, buttery, delicious little sticky truffles. *swoons*
How to Make: Nut & Date Balls
What you need?
Nuts: Pecans or walnuts – use either or both! They’re both great here.
Dates: Nature’s candy.
Blender or Food Processor: If you use a blender you’ll probably need to stop and scrape down the sides more often, but it’s still an easy enough task.
Just pit your dates, through everything and a blender and blitz away. Within a couple of minutes at most you’ll have a sticky, paste-y, sand-like mixture perfect for rolling into balls.
I like eating these 1 or 2 at a time with a cup of tea for a little afternoon pickup. You might be tempted to eat more, but they’re so rich and satisfying you won’t need it! Store these in the fridge and eat throughout the week whenever the sugar cravings strike.
- 1 1/2 cups | 200 grams pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups | 115 grams raw pecans or walnuts
- Add the dates and the nuts to a food processor or high powered blender. Blitz together until the dates and pecans are broken up into small pieces and come together. If your mixture is too dry add a couple more dates. You may need to stop to scrape the sides down occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl for easier rolling. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into little balls. You should end up with 12-13.
- Store these in the fridge and enjoy!
If your dates are feeling a little dry soak them in hot water for at least 10 minutes before attempting this. They will be much easier to blend this way.