Honey Mustard Bacon Wrapped Green Beans | tender green bean bundles covered in a honey mustard & garlic sauce wrapped in thick slices of salty bacon | paleo + low carb
Hello from Manchester Airport!
Only a few more hours now until take off and I’m so ready for the travel bit to be over. While I am very much in awe of air travel and how amazing it is that I can cross countries and continents in less than 24 hours I feel much more at ease right here on land. Also, the magic of flying via airplane decreases drastically over time. By the time hour 14 rolls around (not including layover) any sense of wonder and awe will be replaced with exhaustion and stiffness.
But enough about that – let’s talk bacon!
Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
I got the idea for this recipe from a salad dressing I shared a few months back for this honey mustard chicken bacon & avocado salad. I made it again recently and asked myself why I would bother eating anything else. Ever.
With Thanksgiving coming up and green beans spilling all over the place, finding a way to combine the two seemed like a no brainer.
I can’t say that I’ve ever been a fan of the traditional green bean casserole, but I’d be up for my obligatory Thanksgiving green bean servings if they were made like this.
Green beans wrapped in thick slices of bacon and covered in a honey mustard & garlic sauce is clearly the best way to eat green beans…..and now I’ll stop saying green beans over and over again. Sorry!
More Recipes for Bacon Lovers
- Roasted Sweet Potato & Chickpea Kale Apple Salad With Bacon
- Bacon Brussels & Cabbage Salad
- Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Bacon
- Chicken Bacon Spinach & Asparagus Salad
- Bacon Jam With Coffee Liqueur
- Bacon & Chipotle Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Bacon & Mushroom Crustless Quiche
- 1 pound fresh green beans with the ends trimmed
- 10-12 slices thick bacon strips
- Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Line/grease a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add green beans and blanche for 3 minutes. Drain and pat green beans dry with a paper towel.
- Bundle the green beans into bunches of 6-7 and wrap with 1 slice of bacon each. Lay the bundles seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Mix together the honey mustard sauce and use a pastry brush over the tops of the green beans.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Flip the bundles over and the bake for another 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
I do recommend trimming the ends of the beans - I forgot to do that when picturing these.