Grilled chicken ranch wraps filled with quinoa, cheese, lettuce and homemade ranch dressing – easy & filling in under 20 minutes! | Gluten free + Low FODMAP
Have you seen my low FODMAP ranch dressing I posted the other day? If not you’re going to want to go take a look because you don’t want to miss out on this lunchtime goodness going on right here.
✔& Oh, so tasty
Even if you’re making the dressing from scratch along with these chicken ranch wraps here you can still easily make these in under 20 minutes.
Let’s do it.
How to Make: Low FODMAP Quinoa Chicken Ranch Wraps
These wraps are super easy to make and made up of only nine ingredients and two of those ingredients are salt and pepper so really it’s more like seven.
Our key ingredients:
⭐Gluten Free Tortillas
⭐Chicken – use precooked if you like or follow the recipe for quick, grilled breasts
⭐Quinoa – for a little extra proteins and filling
⭐Cheese – notes in the recipe for finding low lactose cheese
⭐Ranch – see this easy, homemade low FODMAP ranch here
Once your chicken breast is cooked through just fill up your tortillas and you’re pretty much good to go. You can enjoy your wraps as is or continue on to quickly toast the outside for a little more crunch.
These are easy to make a quick lunch or dinner, but they’re also great as a meal prep recipe to make in advance for lunches throughout the week. Once assembled just wrap these up tight in a little plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 3 days – any longer and they start to get a little sad and soggy (I think).
I also like serving this with a little more ranch on the side to dip in as I eat. Feel free to play around with the add ins here. Throw in some diced avocado and tomato if you’d like, leave out the quinoa, add some more cheese – it’s up to you!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Low FODMAP Quinoa Chicken Ranch Wraps! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper each
- 4 8 inch gluten free tortillas
- 1/2 cup | 120 grams low FODMAP ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup | 63 grams low lactose cheese, grated
- 1 cup | 185 grams cooked quinoa
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1/4 cup or a small handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sprinkle salt & pepper over both sides of the chicken breasts and wrap in plastic wrap. Pound the chicken breasts with a meat tenderiser (you can also use the bottom of a skillet/pan if you don't own a tenderiser) to flatten the chicken into an even layer.
- Lightly grease a large skillet and add the chicken. Cook on a medium high heat for 5-7 minutes on one side before flipping over and cooking the other side. When the chicken is cooked through remove from the heat to rest and set aside to assemble your wraps.
- Lay your tortillas on a clean, flat surface. Fill each tortilla with 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup quinoa, 2 tablespoons ranch, 2 tablespoons grated cheese 1 tablespoon cilantro. Roughly chop your chicken and evenly distribute it between the 4 tortillas.
- Fold tightly into a burrito shape. Enjoy as is or continue on to lightly toast.
- Wipe up the skillet you were using to cook your chicken and lightly grease again. Add the wraps to the pan and cook each side for 1-2 minutes to lightly toast. If you're struggling to keep the wraps closed insert a couple of tooth picks through the wraps to keep them shut.
- Cut in half and serve with more low FODMAP ranch for dipping.
To check for the amount of lactose in cheese look at the amount of sugar listed on the nutritional label. You want to choose a cheese that has 0 or close to 0 grams of sugar - usually hard cheese will be ok.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 332Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 482mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 24g