Crispy, crunchy Roasted Broccoli Salad tossed in a simple garlic-chilli dressing and mixed with roughly chopped almonds and salty bacon pieces. Gluten Free + Paleo + Whole30
You know those days when wake up some days just craving broccoli?
Yeah me neither!
But the other day I just really had a hankering for some of that green stuff so I decided to run with it. Right into this big ol’ bowl of garlic and chilli roasted broccoli salad loaded up chopped almonds and scattered salty bacon pieces.
Cravings Satisfied ✔️
Cravings Exceeded ✔️
How to Make: Garlic & Chilli Roasted Broccoli Salad
This salad is super easy to make requiring just 30 minutes and just 8 ingredients:
The base of this recipe is made up of the broccoli. After chopping up the broccoli into little, bite sized pieces just toss them in an easy garlic-chilli dressing. Simple yet full of flavour!
While the broccoli is roasting in the oven prep your bacon – a few minutes on the stove top until nice a crispy and then chop it up to add to the salad along with some roughly chopped almonds.
If you’re looking for a strict Whole30 option just check to make sure that your bacon is sugar free since it’s often cured with a little bit of sugar.
The salad is filling enough to eat on it’s own so you can serve it as a fast and easy weeknight dinner. It’s best served when warm, but you can also enjoy it cold for lunch if you end up with left overs.
More Roast Vegetables You Might Enjoy:
- Honey Roast Parsnips
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Crispy Roasted Tenderstem Broccoli
- Teriyaki Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Broccoli with Garlic
- Roasted Butternut Squash Slices with Parsley Pesto
- Easy Roasted Root Vegetables
- Crispy Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try this Garlic & Chilli Roasted Broccoli Salad! I’d love to see what you make with it! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves | 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, minced or crushed
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes + more if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 2 large broccoli heads (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 slices bacon (look for streaky bacon if you're in the UK)
- 1/2 cup | 70 grams roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup | 7 grams chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°F/230°C.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together your oil, garlic, chilli flakes and salt until combine.
- Take your broccoli and remove the florets from the stems and cut into bite sized pieces. Next slice the stems into thin pieces - broccoli stems can be tough so the thinner the better.
- Spread the broccoli out on a large baking sheet and pour the garlic/chilli mixture over the top. Toss the broccoli in the oil trying to coat as many pieces as possible. If you need, drizzle and extra tablespoon or two of olive oil over the broccoli.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes until the edges are crispy and the stems are tender.
- While the broccoli is roasting prep your bacon. Lay out the strips of bacon on a cold skillet large enough to fit all six pieces. Turn to a medium-low heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until the edges begin to curl up. Flip the bacon over and cook on the other side until brown and crispy. Once done remove from the heat and transfer to a cutting board to cut into small pieces.
- When the broccoli is done remove it from the oven and tip the broccoli into a large salad bowl.
- Add the chopped almonds and parsley to baking sheet that cooked the broccoli. There should be a little bit of left over oil and maybe even garlic/chilli flakes on the sheet. Mix the parsley/almonds in the oil to lightly coat and then add to the broccoli along with the bacon. Toss everything together and serve warm.