Easy to make Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Burgers – made with only six ingredients and mixed together all in one bowl! If you own a food process – make the most out of it by grinding up your own chicken thighs for an even juicier burger! | Gluten Free + Low Carb + Low FODMAP option
We’re keeping it real simple today with these broccoli cheddar chicken burgers. No fuss, no frills – just mix, make and enjoy!
How to Make These Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Burgers
Altogether these burgers are made with only six essential ingredients: ground chicken, broccoli, cheddar, paprika, salt & pepper. To make them:
- Steam then chop the broccoli.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together evenly.
- Divide the mixture into 5 portions – each portion will weigh about 6 ounces.
- Shape into patties – about 4-5 inches in diameter and 1/2 inch tall.
- Sear and cook through. Cook these burgers in a hot, oiled pan for about 5-7 minutes until the internal temp is 165°/74°C.
Chicken Burgers FAQ’s
How do I know when the burgers are done?
- An instant read kitchen thermometer will be the easiest, most accurate way to know. When the internal temp is 165°F/74°C then they’re done.
Can I cook these on a grill?
- Yes. They can be grilled over a medium high heat at about 4-6 minutes per side. I recommend freezing the patties for about 10 minutes before grilling them so that they hold their shape better while grilling.
Can I use another type of cheese?
- Yes. Basically any grated, melty cheese will work.
How do I grind my own chicken mince?
- You can make your own ground chicken out of boneless, skinless chicken thighs with the help of a food processor or strong blender.
- To make: cut the thighs into large chunks and add to a food processor with a fitted blade. on’t fill the processor more than 2/3’s of the way full.
- Pulse the chicken until the meat is mostly ground up. The chicken should still have some texture to it.
- This can also be done in a strong blender, but you’ll need to work in smaller batches and stop to scrape down the sides more frequently.
Suggested Sides & Burger Toppings
- Sautéed Corn & Courgette Salad
- Southwest Avocado Quinoa Corn Salad
- No Mayo Potato Salad with Herbed Bacon & Eggs
- Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Homemade Mayo
- Spicy Chipotle Mayo
- Basil Avocado Sauce
More Summer Sandwiches & Burgers
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try these Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Burgers! I love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!
- 1 head broccoli
- 1.5 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs OR 1.5 lbs pre ground chicken
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Oil for cooking
- Steam broccoli until tender and then roughly chop into small pieces. Add the broccoli to a large mixing bowl. Let sit until cool enough to handle comfortably.
- Cut the chicken thighs up in large chunks and add to a food processor. Make sure to only fill the food processor up about 1/3 of the way full so work in batches if needed. Pulse the chicken into a ground meat mixture then transfer to a large bowl. Or - just use pre ground chicken.
- Add the chopped broccoli, shredded cheese, salt, pepper, paprika and garlic powder (if using) to the bowl and mix everything together with your hands until well combined.
- Divide the chicken mixture into 5 pieces (about 6 oz each) then shape each section into a burger patty. Season each side with pepper.
- Warm the oil in a large skillet. When the oil is hot add the patties to the pan and fry on each side, about 7-10 minutes each until cooked through. Internal temp should be 165°F/74°C.
- Serve in lettuce wraps or on gluten free buns with your favourite burger add-ons.
Make it low FODMAP: don't use garlic powder