Start off the New Year right with these healthy, hearty and satisfying recipes featuring ingredients that are in season in January! With tons of recipes to choose from you’re sure to find something you can look forward to trying! As always these recipes are all 100% gluten free – many of them are also dairy free, vegan and paleo friendly as well.
Happy New Year!
Congratulations – we’ve made it through the holiday season and on to another year.
I don’t know about you, but now that the Christmas leftovers have run out and the New Years resolutions have begun, it’s time to look forward into the month of January as an opportunity to unwind, reset and eat lots of tasty (and healthy!) food.
In case you need a little inspiration to get you started I’ve complied a quick list of what’s good, healthy and in season this January. Of course, what’s available might vary a bit depending on where you’re at on the globe, but you should still find plenty of healthy and delicious recipes to make you hungry!
What else is in season? Honorary mentions:
- Apples – I’m currently crushing on this Honey Mustard Quinoa Apple Salad with Crispy Shallots
- Potatoes – this Potato & Asparagus Frittata makes for a quick & easy breakfast, brunch or dinner!
- Rhubarb – If you’re in the mood for some baking why not try these crumbly Strawberry Rhubarb Bars?
- Leeks – Cozy up with a warm bowl of Sweet Potato & Leek Soup – it’s filling, nutritious and absolutely delicious!
- Artichoke – This Mushroom & Artichoke Chicken skillet dinner is made all in one pan with a healthy serving of veggies cooked in a luscious white wine sauce.
What are your favourite January recipes?
If you’ve got any favourites that you love to make and enjoy at this time of year – please let me know in the comments below! I love seeing what you make and I always appreciate the inspiration!
Don’t forget to #asaucykitchen on instagram if you try any of these recipes! We love seeing what you make! You can also post your pictures to my facebook page!